The East Asian Young Astronomers Meeting (EAYAM) was first organized in 2003 to promote interaction and collaboration between young astronomers in East Asia. The success of the initial meeting in Taiwan was followed by EAYAM 2006 in Japan, EAYAM 2008 in China, and EAYAM 2011 in Korea. We are pleased to announce that EAYAM 2015 will once again be held in Taiwan, between Feb. 9-12, 2015, at the Institute of Astronomy and Astrophysics, Academia Sinica (ASIAA), Taipei.
Postdocs and graduate students are encouraged to participate -- especially those who are either originally from, or currently work in the East Asia region. All participants are expected to give either an oral or a poster presentation to stimulate discussion and interaction. Following the abstract submission deadline (Nov. 15), the SOC will select the oral presentations for the final program. All of those who are not granted their preferred oral presentation will be allowed a poster contribution. There is no conference registration fee.
EAYAM 2015 is supported by ASIAA and the Ministry of Science and Technology, Taiwan.
- 2014-08-18: 1st announcement
- 2014-08-18: online registration opens
- 2014-10-15: 2nd announcement
- 2014-10-31: online registration deadline
- 2014-11-15: abstraction submission deadline
- 2015-01-15: 3rd announcement
- 2015-01-30: final announcement
- Science Session:
- CHU, You-Hua (ASIAA)
- HO, Luis (KIAA)
- YOON, Sung-Chul (Seoul National University)
- Education/Outreach Session:
- CHEUNG, Sze Leung (IAU Office for Astronomy Outreach)
Scientific Organizing Committee
Local Organizing Committee