East Asian Core Observatories Association (EACOA) consisted of four core observatories in East Asian: National Astronomical Observatories of China (NAOC), National Astronomical Observatory of Japan (NAOJ), Kore Astronomy and Space Science institute (KASI), Academia Sinica Institue of Astronomy and Astrophysics (ASIAA) is formed to foster and coordinate collaborations between the major astronomical observatories in the region.
The mission of East Asian Core Observatories Association includes:
- Development of alliance program in research, instruments and telescope construction.
- Coordination of the exchange and use of observation instrumental and other resources within East Asia.
- Talent exchange (especially the young astronomers) program
- Coordination of conference arrangement and other academic activities to facilitate the cooperation in astronomy research in East Asia
- Setting the developmental goal of East Asian Core Observatories Association
- Annual directory meeting to ensure the effective achievement of the scientific cooperation envisaged by East Asian Core Observatories Association